Custom Engineered Alternators & GeneratorsCMI designs, engineers and manufactures high-power density custom alternators and generators, optimized for maximum power output and efficiency for any application. Our alternators and generators are commonly used for auxiliary power generation applications, wind energy as well as onboard power generation for manned & unmanned space vehicles. Visit our industries served page to learn more.
Custom Sizes and Specifications
- We work with our customers to develop custom solutions that meet their application and performance requirements.
- We have built alternators and generators ranging from 0.5” to 60” in diameter, and with power ranges from 5 to 50 kilowatts.
- We have designed and built alternators and generators to meet the application requirements of small wind & hydraulic turbines.
Complete Testing Capabilities
To ensure that our custom alternators and generators match your performance and application requirements, we can perform a variety of tests for normal or extreme operating temperatures. Testing capabilities include but are not limited to:
- EMC compatibility
- EMI / RFI compatibility to military & other international standards
- Extreme temperature ranges from -100ºC to 300ºC
- High altitude
- High humidity
- Mechanical shock to most military and vibration standards
- Radiation hardened to military or other international specifications
- Salt spray & fog resistant
- Thermal shock
- Vacuum environments up to 10-12 torr
- Vibration compliances to most military, aerospace and automotive standards