In-House Precision & Ultra Precision Machining, Grinding, Assembly & More
Custom Machining of Magnetic Materials
Integrated Magnetics can machine a wide range of materials to complex shapes and very tight tolerances, as your product designs dictate. We work with all magnetic materials, as well as steels, aluminum, Inconel, brass, copper, and plastics. Our vertically integrated capabilities allow for shorter lead-times and tighter quality control.
Our Global Manufacturing Facilities and In-House Capabilities
Our US based manufacturing facilities specialize in high IP content and military applications,
and our company owned, global low-cost region plants specialize in the production of cost
optimized components. Our plants are certified to ISO:9000 standards.
- Magnetic Materials: Custom machining of all magnetic materials for rapid prototyping, smaller volumes, complex shapes, tight dimensional or magnetic orientation tolerances, and/or short lead-times. Depending on the complexity of your product designs, the quantity required, and raw material availability, custom magnets can be produced in as little as a few days.
- Metal Components: Our in-house capabilities include 4 and 5 axis CNC turning & milling, grinding, EDM, and custom tooling for machining and assembly purposes.
- Class 1000 Clean Room Assembly: Several of our plants are equipped with Class 1000 cleanrooms for final assembly of products where ultra-clean environments are required, such as the production of components for semiconductor equipment.
- Chemical Cleaning: We have in-house, certified chemical cleaning capabilities to clean components that will ultimately be assembled and packaged in our cleanrooms.
- Assembly: We specialize in the assembly of complex, permanent magnet components with multi-level bills of materials. From Halbach arrays, and ultra-high speed rotors to yokes with high and/or uniform magnetic fields, magnetrons, magnetic couplings, and a host of other permanent magnet assemblies.
- Coil Winding: Machine winding of coils for rotary and linear motors, actuators, tachometers and other electrical machines.
- Electrical Machines: We build complete rotary and linear specialty AC or DC motors, alternators, tachometers and resolvers, as well as actuators incorporating position feedback, thermal protection, and additional features as required.