High-Power Density Alternators & Generators
CMI designs, engineers and manufactures high-power density custom alternators and generators, optimized for maximum power output and efficiency for any application. Our alternators and generators are commonly used for auxiliary power generation applications, wind energy as well as onboard power generation for manned & unmanned space vehicles. Visit ourindustries served page to learn more.
Custom Sizes and Specifications
- We work with our customers to develop custom solutions that meet their application and performance requirements.
- We have built alternators and generators ranging from 0.5” to 60” in diameter, and with power ranges from 5 to 50 kilowatts.
- We have designed and built alternators and generators to meet the application requirements of small wind & hydraulic turbines.
Complete Testing Capabilities
To ensure that our custom alternators and generators match your performance and application requirements, we can perform a variety of tests for normal or extreme operating temperatures. Our testing capabilities include but are not limited to:
- EMC compatibility
- EMI / RFI compatibility to military & other international standards
- Extreme temperature ranges from -100ºC to 300ºC
- High altitude
- High humidity
- Mechanical shock to most military and vibration standards
- Radiation hardened to military or other international specifications
- Salt spray & fog resistant
- Thermal shock
- Vacuum environments up to 10-12 torr
- Vibration compliances to most military, aerospace and automotive standards
Our custom-engineered products can be designed and built to comply to UL, CSA, BS, VDE, DIN, CE, CISPR, IEC or other national and international specifications that your application requires. Visit our quality certifications & compliances page to learn more.
Your Custom Alternator or Generator Project - How Can We Help?
Send us a request for quote or contact us today for more information about our custom engineered alternators and generators, and our experienced team of engineers will help you determine the most effective way of providing you with what you need. We also offer a wide variety of permanent magnets for on-line purchase at MagnetShop.com.Request A Quote Contact Us